At the 22nd January meeting we took a look at two apps. Good Links, a web link organiser and Juxtaposer for making quick image compositions.
DaveK demonstrated Good Links, an app for organising a reading list of web pages. The app supports tagging for organisation of links and a clean reader view. Good Links is a universal app (supporting iOS, iPadOS and macOS in a single purchase) and syncs your links between devices using iCloud.
Robert showed us Juxtaposer, simple app for compositing images. It includes a Magic Crop feature which uses AI to easily cut a subject from its background. There are also various image adjustment and blending features to merge the background and foreground. As well as your own images, Juxtaposer can pull free stock images from Unsplash.
- Alan had just received his iPod classic back with an SSD upgrade and replacement battery from Apple Repairs Kent.
- DavidB gave the handy tip that Apple Watches have a torch function.
- He also recommended The Servant series 2 on Apple TV+.
- DaveK shared a video on The Truth About Vinyl.
- And demonstrated the fun musical tool Blob Opera powered by machine learning from Google Arts and Culture.
- Denesh recommended the kids music app Toca Band.
- He also showed us a sea shanty about keeping safe online from Rachel Tobac.