A this meeting, held on the 18th of February, we looked at some interesting apps and members discussed a variety of topics and shared suggestions.
Robert demonstrated three apps:
- IINA on Mac - a powerful video player which supports many formats and has a modern interface. He showed how it has flexible options for video, audio and subtitles.
- Vivaldi Browser on Mac - a web browser with lots of features including web panels for referencing, built-in notes and the ability to tile websites in one window.
- Atlas Obscura on iPhone - an app that shows interesting and unusual sights and attractions near your location.
DaveK showed us the privacy-focused DuckDuckGo browser on iOS that gives a privacy rating to each site you visit and shows how much its features have improved the site.
- DavidB mentioned the walking steadiness feature added to the Health app in iOS 15.
- He also talked about monitors with height adjustment including LG Ultrafine models.
- Ben told us about his visit to the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge and particularly pointed out the number of interactive exhibits including computers, games consoles and arcade machines.
- Ann-Kay mentioned listening to extended versions of Pachelbel’s Canon in D for relaxation.
- DaveK mentioned the Lewes Bonfire Celebrations.