At this last SEAL meeting before Christmas members brought a wide selection of festive food to share. Thanks to everyone for their generous contributions!
This year’s quiz was compiled by Robert with some assistance from DaveK. It featured 4 rounds:
- Actions - covering new features in iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra.
- Apple Knowledge - general knowledge questions about Apple.
- Images - picture round including identifying various icons such as those availble for the new iOS 11 configurable Control Centre.
- Video - this round asked members to identify the year various Apple commercials were broadcast. It was based on an interesting Business Insider article about Apple’s ads.
Congratulations to Ben for winning the quiz!
- A root password vulnerability was found in macOS High Sierra and has been patched by Apple.
- iOS 11.1.2 resolves and issue with unresponsive iPhone X displays in cold weather. We also discussed the performance of iPhones and other lithium ion battery devices in cold weather.
- The Apple Support YouTube channel has been launched.
- US Apple Watch owners can participate in the Apple Heart Study using a special app.
- Apple’s Clips app (which was demoed at our April meeting) has been updated to version 2.0, this includes a more intuitive interface and “Selfie Scenes” on iPhone X.
- Apple’s TV App begins to become available to iOS and Apple TV users in the UK.
- Amazon Prime Video becomes available on Apple TV.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at SEAL!